Chiama: +39 0423


Prosecco is a Controlled Designation of Origin wine (Min. Dec. 17 July 2009) whose production takes place in north-eastern Italy within an area that comprises 9 provinces situated between Friuli Venezia Giulia and Veneto (Treviso, Venezia, Vicenza, Padua, Belluno, Gorizia, Pordenone, Trieste and Udine).
The vine is cultivated in an area that guarantees quality and is characterized by precise environmental conditions

like a generally temperate climate, precipitation that favours the correct development of vine vegetation and a soil of alluvial origin rich in minerals and microelements.
Prosecco Doc is marked with the DOC wording on the neck sticker which guarantees is traceability and authenticity.

The Glera Variety

Glera is a white grape, with hazelnut-coloured hues, which produces big and long clusters with golden-yellow berries; the basic component of Prosecco.
Glera constitutes at least 85% of the grapes used in the production of Prosecco, the remaining 15% can be Verdiso, Bianchetta trevigiana or Perera.
The land which is most suitable for the cultivation of Glera must be well exposed to the sun and well drained. It craves but fears stagnation and the incline of our hills has had the ideal environment for this cultivation for more than three centuries.
The Glera variety is used both for the production of Prosecco DOC and Valdobbiadene DOCG. In 2009, to protect the origin of prosecco wine and to stop its imitation, a law was drafted to use the term “glera” as synonymous with the prosecco grape and the word “Prosecco” to identify one of the Designations (DOC or DOCG) under which glera is produced.

Prosecco Superiore D.O.C.G. di Conegliano Valdobbiadene

Prosecco DOC, cultivated and vinified in the hilly area restricted to 15 municipalities adjacent to Conegliano and Valdobbiadene (Cison di Valmarino, Colle Umberto, Conegliano, Farra di Soligo, Follina, Miane, Pieve di Soligo, Refrontolo, San Pietro di Feletto, San Vendemiano, Susegana, Tarzo, Valdobbiadene, Vidor and Vittorio Veneto), a highly productive, wine-growing area. In 2009, it obtained DOCG recognition, a guarantee certified by strict control of each phase of production.
The vine is cultivated between 50 and 500 metres above sea level only on the side of the hills that are more exposed to the sun. Wine-growing on hills is recognized as the ideal condition for the production of wine-making grapes in that the inclines favour excellent exposure to the sun and the perfect drainage of the soil in the event of heavy showers thus making sure the grapes do not get mouldy and ripen the best way possible.

The altitude of the hills means greater, night/day temperature change which improves the overall condition of the substances in the berries. Finally, the inclines prevent the entrance of tractors, machinery and automatic harvesters in the vineyard, thus making sure that all the actions on the grapes and plants are strictly carried out manually. This requires an almost heroic effort by those who harvest the grapes.
DOCG indicates a wine-growing area which is strongly tied to the territory and is much more limited than the DOC area. Moreover, the grape yield per hectare are less, all in favour of quality.